3 Delicious foods that will change your life? Absolutely! We take for granted the benefits of good food and often turn a blind eye to what poor choices of food do to our bodies. When we educate ourselves with what to eat and why, we can make more of a conscious effort to eat the right foods. There are some foods worth eating every single day and thankfully they taste good enough so we want to!
3 Delicious Foods That Will Change Your Life
- Lowers LDL
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Protects against diabetes, reduces after-meal sugar spike
- Raises HDL
- Can assist with weight loss
- Help to prevent gallstones
Eat about 1/4 cup of raw, whole almonds. I get the 3lb bag from Costco, store them in an airtight container to grab a few a couple of times a day.
- Loaded with almost every nutrient we need
- Although high in cholesterol, unique in that it does not raise your cholesterol level – our liver will reduce the amount of cholesterol it produces to compensate
- Raises HDL
- Choline – important for cell membranes and brain function
- Improves eye health
- High in quality protein
- Helps us feel full to assist in eating less
Pastured or Omega-3 enriched eggs are even better than the regular eggs. You can eat up to 3 eggs daily, some people who workout intensely will eat 3-6 daily. I often add a tablespoon of cottage cheese when I scramble the eggs for a little extra protein and weight loss benefits. There are so many ways to enjoy eggs – almost no one can get tired of them!
- High in potassium
- Protects against high blood pressure
- Protects against plaque build-up in arteries
- Block absorption of cholesterol
- High in fiber
- High in iron
- Increases bone mass
Bananas are great for grabbing to snack on while on the go. I usually eat 1-2 daily. Sometimes I even spread a little natural peanut butter on the banana to help my sweet tooth cravings!
When we feed our bodies good food, we know our workouts and exercise program are not a waste. Being healthy is a lifestyle and it’s all about being well-rounded with nutrition, education and exercise.
Stop by your grocery store today to pick up these 3 delicious foods that will change your life!