I love carbs. Especially bread carbs. I’ve been healthy eating for years now and I still wouldn’t trust myself locked in a room of warm bread even today. Thankfully, I can satisfy those carb cravings with healthy delicious foods like these apple banana muffins from Fixate.
The apple banana muffins are quick and easy. I made these while dinner was simmering on the stove.
The Fixate cooking show is on Beachbody demand featuring Autumn Calabrese and her brother, Bobby Calabrese. If you follow the 21 Day Fix approved meals and recipes, this would be a great show to watch.
Living a healthy lifestyle and even losing weight, doesn’t mean restricting foods as much as it means to find healthier ways to enjoy your favorite foods. Many years ago I didn’t understand that. My weight loss efforts were about eating salads and going without food for a time, then go back to eating the high fat, high sugar content foods I did before. We know how that ends.
Now, I enjoy food as much as I did then, so much more because the foods I eat don’t make me feel lousy with a sugar crash.
Apple Banana Muffins
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium bananas)
1 Tbsp. organic grass-fed butter, melted or coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 cups almond flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1/2 cup chopped apple (about 3/4 medium apple)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare nine muffin cups by lining with muffin tin layers or coating with muffin spray.
3. Combine eggs, banana, and butter in a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside.
4. Combine dry ingredients – almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
5. Add dry mixture to egg mixture. Mix until well blended.
6. Fold in apple.
7. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Should be 8-9 cups depending on the size of bananas.
8. Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Cool on wire rack.
Now, go enjoy without the guilt and wasted calories!
For the 21 Day Fix containers, 1 of the Apple Banana Muffins will be: